1. Paying your assessment monthly is crucial to helping stabilizing the current assessment. When you don’t pay your assessment on time it can trigger several required responses that cost the association additional dollar.
• A reminder statement that cost the association $10.
• Legal turnover fees of $125 per incident, paid by the Association to LMS to process all the paperwork that the attorney needs to contact the homeowner. The Illinois Condo Act prevents the Association from reimbursement for these charges. Please read the collection policy for additional details on the turnover time-frame.
• Legal fees and court costs are pre-paid by the Association and the Attorney files court papers to have the costs reimbursed by the delinquent homeowner.
2. Water is paid from the association budget, reducing the water usage can reduce or maintain the water payment portion of the budget. Here are a few tips to help with water usage reduction.
• Use low-flow shower heads. They can reduce water flow by as much as 40 percent.
• Make sure that the water is not running continuously in the toilet. Listen very quietly for the faint sound of running water.
• Save your laundry until you have enough to load your washing machine to its recommended capacity.
• Run your dishwasher only when it is full.
• Use your garbage disposer sparingly.
• Repair dripping faucets. A slow, steady drip (100 drops per minute) wastes 330 gallons of water in a month. That's nearly 4,000 gallons per year.
• If your outside water faucets is dripping call LMS to have it repaired, you must be home when the workman come.
3. Landscaping is a sizable amount of the annual budget here are some ways you can help keep the cost down.
• Hand watering the trees, bushes and grass will keep them from drying up and dying while using less water. and it reduces the replacement cost of the trees, bushes and grass.
• Limited put holiday decoration on the trees and bushes. When you remove the decoration it can cause damage than harm the trees and bushes.
• When your dogs urinate on the grass, rinse the grass with water to dilute and help reduce damage.
• Don’t let your dogs urinate on the bushes and trees it damages the trees and bushes.
• Use lawn patch repair kits to repair small damage areas of the lawn, before it spread to a large area.
4. Building repair and maintenance is a sizable amount of the annual budget here are some ways to help keep the cost down.
• Do not use nail, screws or drill holes in the outside woodwork, siding or brick when putting up holiday decoration this causes damage to the woodwork that has to be repaired.
• When you see loose siding call it in the LMS, so that they can have it repaired before it’s torn or blown away.
• If your gutter is clog call LMS to have it clean so that the water does not go into the siding and woodwork of the building which cause additional damages.
• If you observe any damage to the outside of the building, please contact LMS immediately .
• The lighting fixtures repair and replacement is a costly expense. When replacing the light bulb, do not turn the fixture, this causes damage to the sensor.